In compliance with the provisions of Article 10 of Law 34/2002, dated July 11, governing services provided in the information society and e-commerce, BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. (“BBVA” or the “Bank”) provides users of the “www.bbvaopenmind.com” Portal with the following general information:
Name or company name: BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A.
Registered address: The company BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. has its registered address in Bilbao, Plaza de San Nicolás, 4.
Company Register data: Company Register of Bilbao, Volume 2083, Book 1545, Section 3, Folio 1, Sheet 14741.
BBVA is a bank subject to the supervision of the Bank of Spain and is registered in the Administrative Register of the Bank of Spain under number 0182. TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER A-48265169
Access and Content
- Use of this website (“OpenMind Portal” and/or “Portal”) implies full acceptance of all terms and conditions governing it herein. By accessing the Portal the user (“User”) therefore accepts all such terms and conditions.
- The OpenMind Portal and all the functions included in it (“Service(s)”) are the owned by BBVA and allow:
- access to all publications on the Portal.
- download the documents for strictly private use in the in User’s exclusive domestic setting.
- access to interesting news on events.
- make comments and upload links to published articles.
- send messages about articles to their writers.
The use of the Service is personal and non-transferable.
- BBVA reserves the right to update, modify, or eliminate the information on the Portal and to restrict or deny access to said information, without prior notice. In particular, BBVA reserves the right to eliminate, limit, or prevent access to its Portal when there are technical difficulties for events or circumstances beyond its control that, under the bank’s criteria, reduce or prevent the standard security levels adopted for the adequate functioning of the Portal.
- In addition to visiting the Portal, Users wishing to make comments, opinions or incorporate links to articles published on the Portal must fill out the form for this purpose BBVA makes available to them (“Registered Users”).In using the Portal, Users agree to respect the rights of third parties, the present Legal Notice and Conditions of Use, as well as the following obligations:a) It is expressly forbidden to include comments, opinions, links to public blogs or hyperlinks that include contents that concern religious beliefs or political ideas (including declarations of and symbols by political parties and religious organizations), that are antisocial, offensive to cultural or religious values, provocative, pejorative, violent, obscene, sexual and/or that are from groups that are illegal or socially unacceptable, as well as any other that may hurt the sensibility of third parties, jeopardize fundamental rights and public freedoms granted in the applicable regulation and/or established in legislation on the rights of consumers and users, on the protection of children and minors, or that constitute or imply an invasion in the personal or family intimacy of physical persons or a violation of the honor of third parties or the secrecy of communications.b) The inclusion by Users of contents referring to: i) photography, telephone numbers, URLs, addresses, e-mail addresses, names and surnames, as well as any other data relating to physical persons; ii) appellations or trading names of enterprises, brands, logos, distinctive signs, anagrams, slogans, publicity, promotional material, declarations on authenticity, Olympic brands and the like; or iii) images, music, videos, texts, objects, or any other products or media supports that are subject to limitations on dissemination or reproduction (copyright) or protected by intellectual property rights is conditional upon Users holding sufficient rights for the content to be used both by themselves and other Portal users under the terms established in these terms and conditions, and on the aforementioned usage not infringing any legal provision, contract, rights or property pertaining to a third party, nor in any way constituting unfair competition.
Therefore, if the User includes any of the above contents, s/he is understood to have the necessary legal rights referred to above.c) Registered Users authorize BBVA to view the comments or opinions published and to record them in files under their responsibility, including any included personal data for BBVA use in Portal management and control.
Consent for the processing of the contents described above can be withdrawn at all times by Registered Users by way of notification to BBVA, but given that the latter are essential for the functioning of the Service, the aforementioned action will result in the automatic cancellation of the corresponding Registered User’s membership on the Portal.
d) Users shall not have the right to send nor disseminate in any case whatsoever information or contents that reduce, disorganize, or impair normal use of the Portal.
BBVA, owner of the Portal, is not responsible for events that could create responsibility nor for contents or opinions included by Users, with the latter being the only responsible parties for their use of the Portal and its uploaded contents, with BBVA consequently assuming no responsibility whatsoever in connection with the aforementioned use and uploads.
BBVA shall immediately remove any comment or opinion made by the User where the latter fails to comply with any of the stipulations set out in the present Legal Notice and Conditions of Use.
- The information contained on the Portal is for educational and informative purposes, and does not represent a recommendation of any kind; nor may it in any case be considered as technical, legal, tax, financial or investment advice; nor an offer or guarantee by BBVA; nor should it be considered as a recommendation for carrying out transactions, or as a determining factor for decision making. BBVA does not accept any liability for the such use of the information contained in the Service that may be deduced this regard, and it must specifically be understood that such information, subject to the laws of Spain, is not intended for those Users who operate under jurisdictions of states requiring compliance with other requirements for the provision, disclosure or advertising of information.The information provided by BBVA in the Portal does not represent a technical opinion by BBVA.
- BBVA is not liable for the truthful nature, integrity, or updating of information not produced by the Bank itself, and of information indicating another source, nor for the information appearing in other websites linked from the Portal, provided to the User, as alternative sources of information, which will be governed by the terms and conditions of use dictated by the owners of such sites. Consequently BBVA assumes no responsibility with regard to prejudice possibly resulting from the use of the aforementioned information. The aforementioned hyperlinks may in no case whatsoever be considered as a recommendation, endorsement, or dissemination on BBVA’s part of the information, products, and/or services or, in general, contents that are owned by third parties, offered by the latter, or in any form disseminated by them.
Intellectual and Industrial property
BBVA owns part of the contents of the Portal and has licenses for use of such contents that are not its property.
Access to this Portal does not give Users any right or ownership whatsoever over the intellectual and/or industrial property rights of the contents it houses.
The Service is protected by laws governing intellectual property, including all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights, and it is strictly prohibited to distribute, reproduce, transmit, communicate, modify, transform, register or file all or part of it, whatever the means used, without the express prior authorization of BBVA, other than as expressly permitted by these Conditions of Use.
The intellectual property rights of this Portal, the screens displaying this page and the information and material displayed therein, as well as its lay out (by way of example but not limited to, source code, graphic design, software and content) belong to BBVA, unless otherwise noted and are protected by legislation on intellectual property, with the necessary licenses for use and cannot be exploited by the Users. Consequently, Users of the Portal agree not to reproduce, modify, display, sell, communicate, transform or distribute the content, or otherwise use it for whatever the purpose, without the permission of the author or BBVA.
It is not permitted to remove, avoid or manipulate the copyright notice (“copyright”) or any other information identifying the rights of BBVA or third parties included in the Portal.
BBVA reserves the right to take any relevant legal action against Users who violate or infringe intellectual and/or industrial property rights.
Personal data protection policy
The Portal does not automatically recognize any data referring to the identity of the visitors to its pages.
In accordance with the provisions of Law 15/1999 on the Protection of Personal Data and other implementing regulations, Registered Users voluntarily provide their consent and expressly authorize BBVA to use the personal data relating to their name, e-mail, profession, biography and social networking profiles provided by the User through the registration form included in the Web Portal to be incorporated into files owned by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. for the following purposes:
(i) processing comments, opinions and/or suggestions included in the Web Portal.
(ii) For BBVA to send newsletters, information on events, news, activities and any other communication related to the Openmind Web Portal to the e-mail address you provided.
All these data are treated confidentially, being stored using legally required security measures of a technical and organizational nature which ensure the security of the data, avoiding alteration or loss or unauthorized processing or access, in accordance with technology available at the time, the nature of the data and the potential risks to which they are exposed.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Registered User accepts and consents to the entity Amazon Web Services LLC being able to access your data for the Web Portal to work properly as a result of the services provided through this Portal. In addition, the Registered User accepts and consents to TF Editores & Interactiva, S.L.U. having access to the aforementioned data in the event that the Web Portal is accessed through a tablet device.
Registered Users may exercise their right to access, cancel, rectify or object to their data, in accordance with what is set out in Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal Data Protection at Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A., Departamento de Servicio de Atención al Cliente, Apartado de Correos 1598, 28080 Madrid.
The present Portal collects statistical information on User browsing, using Google Analytics services. The aforementioned information does not and cannot in any way personally identify the User, i.e. it is totally anonymous.
Information gathered will be used by the Bank to acquire better knowledge of the activity of visitors to the BBVA site with a view to improving the latter and increase the effectiveness of its online presence.
The terms and conditions established in these Conditions of Use are subject to Spanish law.